PSALM 104:34

May my meditation be pleasing to Him, for I rejoice in the Lord.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Let's Have Some Fun-Guys!

When I'm stressed, I walk Pepsi.  Today I walked twice.

But even when we're stressed, we have to have a little fun, be creative, be interested in the world outside our box, right?

Really I walked twice because the first time around I noticed something strange...

Our neighborhood is being slowly taken over.  By what, I'm not sure...

 Disclaimer: I really literally have no idea what any of the following are.  The only mushrooms I touch are the ones from Wal-Mart. If anybody wants to fill me in/tell me I should even be breathing around any of these...feel free.


I thought this little guy was just cute.  Like a little tennis ball on a stick....


These were interesting and pretty innocuous looking.  I guess they are your typical clean-up crew of the wild.  The tree dies, something has to eat it.  


These guys looked like sight seers looking over the rim of the Grand Canyon.  Watch out!  Don't fall off!
Are the not the most adorable ever?



But then there was this: DUH, Duh, duh!!!


In my mind, these are named the "blood 'shrooms"  They look nasty like festering scabs.  There were gnats all around them too.  



They seem to start like this, looking kind of like bread dough rising.  Look how they even engulf the grass they are growing around.


I guess some scavengers start their attack before their prey is even dead.



The last two are not actually from today's stress relieving, photographic endeavor.  They were taken a couple of weeks ago, but they're too good to leave out.



Its amazing what you see when you just open your eyes, slow down, and walk.

1 comment:

  1. Strange!!! That's a lot of shroom for one neighborhood in my opinion! While I DO think the little golf ball on the tee is cute, the scabby looking ones are terrifying. I was have nightmares if I had taken that picture myself. ;)
    Breathe shallow!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete