PSALM 104:34

May my meditation be pleasing to Him, for I rejoice in the Lord.

Thursday, June 6, 2013

7 Mile Hike

As readers of this blog have probably noticed, I haven't posted our adventures for the past couple of nights.  Allen had a cousin who passed away and we are on the way back to be with family and attend the funeral on Saturday.  Prayers are appreciated for the family.

On our way home, we stopped in Oklahoma City (No tornados in the forecast!) staying with my sister and brother.  Today is Ben's birthday so we are going to celebrate tonight. :)


I had started this post two nights ago and didn't finish it.  So, I will now.

I will begin with a story of our camping neighbor.  She was a 5 year old little girl.  The other day, while we were grilling hotdogs for lunch she started talking to us.  She wanted to know if we wanted to see her new pet, and proceeded to pull an 8 inch worm out of a small cooler.  Haha!  She loved that worm. While we enjoyed our hotdogs, she was playing princess in her small doll castle her grandmother had set out on the picnic table.  The worm was the princess and it was being slithered through windows and in and out doors.  It was hilarious.

The rest of the post will just be pictures of our last 7 mile hike.  3 1/2 miles up a mountain, and 3 1/2 miles back down.  I didn't think I was going to make the last mile up, but now, 2 days later, I'm still really glad we pushed it.










This was our reward at the top of the 3 1/2 miles.  A beautiful cirque lake, nestled in the mountain.


After we go home for a little while this weekend, we are planning to take our Jeep to Hot Springs, and no telling what other adventures will come this summer.  Stay tuned!




No comments:

Post a Comment