PSALM 104:34

May my meditation be pleasing to Him, for I rejoice in the Lord.

Monday, April 16, 2012

Baking a Rainbow



So, what did I do with the rainbow swiss chard?

 It was SO pretty!  I couldn't wait to try something with it.  So after a little research I decided to try an egg frittata.  A couple of blogs I found promised it would be yummy and beautiful.  I couldn't wait.








So, I chopped and sauteed it, along with half a red onion and some butter.  I was curious at this point and did take a little nibble just to taste test...it tastes like grass.  Seriously, it was not bad at all, but you know what grass smells like?  If you eat raw rainbow swiss chard...grass.















After sauteing, I mixed the grassy vegetables with 4 eggs and about a cup of milk and stuck the whole thing in the oven.  


40 minutes later:
SOUFLE! Very French.

The purple, yellow, and green really was very pretty.



And despite the grassiness, it was tasty.  Even Allen agreed.  Combined with tomatoes and bread it made a very yummy dinner.


So, that's my rainbow swiss chard story.  Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment