PSALM 104:34

May my meditation be pleasing to Him, for I rejoice in the Lord.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Promises



I bought these daffodils and hyacinths 2 years ago.  They are coming up under my stairs.  This is the last year that I will see them...I like what they stand for, spring and the ever turning passage of time. 

I didn't mean for this post to seem sad, its just that turning time and constant change is a little sad.


They also remind me of one of my favorite poems as a child.  We had a book of Mother Goose which I often chose for my story before bed.  
(Really beautiful illustration)
"Daffy-Down-Dilly has come up to town,
In a yellow petticoat and a green gown."
Mother Goose

Thanks mom and dad for reading to me and giving me good memories.  They make me brave enough to continue to move forward in life...and to enjoy the memories that I leave behind.  


1 comment:

  1. Although you leave the daffodils behind, It is good to remember that someone else will be blessed by your thoughtfulness. We leave our footprints of time for others to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete