I just want to do them justice. Short blogs take 10 minutes. Summer adventures take 2 hours.
New favorite quirky dish-wheat berry salad!
Yummy, yummy, chewy, deliciousness!
- 1 1/2 cups hard wheat berries
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup tart dried cherries, chopped
- 1 scallion, white and green parts, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
I actually used lime instead of lemon juice and I didn't salt or pepper it. Not sure I convinced Allen (although he did eat it, he didn't ask for seconds)...normally this would discourage me from a new recipe. But this one, I loved so much I'll probably make it again just for myself! Excellent!