PSALM 104:34

May my meditation be pleasing to Him, for I rejoice in the Lord.

Monday, December 12, 2011

December music

I have been a little sad today because Allen and I are having a difficult time working out our schedules to go home.  We're both homesick and desperately want to see our families for the most beautiful and wonderful time of the year.  But, I started listening to the music of Christmas fills my heart with joy and contentment.

When we were little, my mom still had an original record player.  We began decorating and listening the weekend after Thanksgiving and enjoyed the beautiful songs in their scratchy originality until at least a week post December.  Anna and I would lock ourselves in our parents room for hours creating the most beautiful and elaborate decorations for the Christmas gifts we bought everyone with the "love bucks" we earned for learning memory verses at church.  

This song reminds me of my dad, who loves it and listened to it with me.

And of course, we all adored the movie White Christmas and watched with rapt attention as Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye charmed the ladies with songs about snow.

It wouldn't be possible to miss the wonderful memories that I have if I had never experienced them.  So even though it sometimes makes me sad and homesick, I'm glad that I had a beautiful childhood filled with songs and love at Christmas time.



No comments:

Post a Comment