PSALM 104:34

May my meditation be pleasing to Him, for I rejoice in the Lord.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Back to the Basics

I feel like all my posts lately have been depressing.  Sorry guys, my life is actually really great.  Like I said, Allen and I enjoy every minute...just sometimes seem frustrating.  Its crazy though to think about other times that I have been frustrated/impatient in the past and how irrelevant, or even funny those situations have become now.

I will now proceed to tell a crazy story to make up for my negativity yesterday ;)

So, Allen and I were at JCPenney's in Bedford, IN and you must first understand, Bedford, Indiana has a JC Penney that is about the size of a pea!!  Well, not really, but its REALLY, REALLY, REALLY small. Maybe about the size of a normal Gap or Bath and Body works.  There is NOT much there.  So, I had a gift card and Bedford is the closest around for 100 miles and I was trying to make the best of it.  I had found some cute sweaters and was trying them on.

Allen, bless his heart, he's so sweet about shopping, was waiting outside the fitting room somewhere away from ear shot.

So, I start hearing people talking about a wreck outside.  At first I didn't think anything about it, but then they kept talking about several cars being involved and I decided I might want to go take a look for myself.  I met Allen at the door, he had also heard the rumors, and we walked out into probably the most excitement the town of Bedford has seen in YEARS.  There were ambulances and cop cars galore and we could see that at least 4 cars had been totaled.

What happened?

A lady had been backing up from a handicapped space, hit the gas instead of the break and DID NOT let up.  She drove around backwards in a complete circle, with a 30 foot diameter, sideswiping each car as she went.  To make it more exciting, not only did she just barely tap 5 cars, she completely demolished the sides of 5 cars.   I mean there were doors completely dented in, fenders laying on the ground, you name it, the lady hit it.  I'm pretty sure even a pedestrian was involved, but don't worry, I think it was more the lady zooming by just knocked her over, not actually hit her.

Poor lady, I really felt sorry for her.  Obviously, it was an accident, but goodness, what an accident it was!!

We thought our car (99 Mercury Cougar - Oh yeah!)  was ok until we walked around to the side that was not facing Penney's....

Our front bumper and left light were crushed and hanging from the car.  We think ours was the second victim in the serial sideswipes.

It was all good for us though.  Allen and I have never really owned a great car.  Most of the time he buys something that's on its last leg, fixes whatever's wrong with it himself (I know, he's great right?) and then we drive it till it dies.  Several of our cars have died or come very close to the after-life through minor fender benders and we usually just pocket the insurance money.  Most of the time, the cars are on their last leg anyway, so we figure we might as well use the money toward something else :)

This time wasn't any different.  We collected the insurance money and Allen epoxied the fender back together.  About 6 months later the car's transmission hit the dust.

Life's all about blessings in disguise and not worrying to much about the little things.  Like Allen says, people are important, not things.

So, that's my crazy story to make up for yesterday's rant.  All's well that ends well, right?




Also, SHOUT OUT TO OUR FRIENDS JOHN AND LAURA O'CONNOR ON THE BIRTH OF THEIR FIRST BABY, NORAH REAGAN O'CONNOR.  We're happy and proud.  Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment